Obesity is more and more becoming a problem all over the world. Children who lack exercise and the proper nutrition are among the ones affected by this, however, their parents can teach them to eat healthily while it is still early. They can do this by buying only healthy snacks for their kids.
Healthy snacks are those that children love to eat and at the same time supply them with the proper nutrition. If you’re a parent and would like to encourage your kids to eat only healthy snacks then we’ve got just the tips for you.
- Keep them away from sugar. While kids prefer sweets over other kinds of food, try finding healthy alternatives that will whet their appetite. You can start out with fruits like bananas, orange, apple and strawberries.
- Watch the nutrition information. Most foods found in groceries nowadays have their nutrition information printed on their wrappers. Always check them out when buying snacks for your kids and watch out for the amount of calories, fats and sugar they contain.
- If your kids don’t seem to like the healthy foods you’re giving them, you can instead let them choose their own snacks. However, make sure that the choices that you give them are healthy. If you let them decide on what to eat, there are better chances of them eating their food. More and more, we are seeing grocery coupons for healthier fare and not just junk foods.
- Let them eat cereal. Cereal, whether or not combined with milk, is another kind of healthy snack that you can give your children. Children love cereals and the good thing is that there are a number of them that are lightly sweetened so you’re sure that what you’re giving them is indeed healthy.
- Let them eat snacks at the right time. Designate a time for your children to eat their snacks. This way, you’re sure that they will still have dinner even after having their snack.
If there is one word that would completely describe Miami then it would be beaches.
While that is true, there are a lot more things that people can do there especially families like you.
Below is a list of the top 5 places to go in Miami which you should check out when you visit the city.
- South Beach – this area began as a farmland until it was developed some time in the early part of the 20th century. Today, South Beach is famous for being Miami’s premiere entertainment destination. Here, you can take your family to stay in its posh hotels or eat in any of its numerous restaurants.
- Little Havana – if you want a piece of Cuba’s cultural history then this is the place you should go to. Named after Havana, Cuba’s capital, it has become the home of Cuban exiles since the 1950s. Visit this place in the middle of March and you may be lucky enough to catch the Calle Ocho festival, which is one of the largest festivals in the world.
- Miami Metro Zoo – what’s a trip to any city without checking it out its zoo? We therefore recommend you visit the Miami Metro Zoo. It is the largest and the oldest zoo in Florida. Today it has more than 900 animals that you and your family can check out.
- The Everglades – is another popular destination in Miami. Composed of marshlands and swamps, this national park is home to different animals, most of which are endangered. Animals like the American Crocodile and the Florida Panther can be found here.
- Miami Science Museum – if you’re planning to take your family into an educational tour around Miami, bring them to this museum. It is famous for its wildlife center and its planetarium, the Weintraub Observatory.
If you are traveling with children, there are many snacks that are great to have on hand when hunger strikes. Packing your own food is much less expensive, not to mention healthier, than visiting the drive-thru, for a quick fix.
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are a classic snack, still gobbled up by children of all ages. There is no need to worry about spoilage and will make them feel full for an extended period of time.
For a change, pack peanut butter and banana sandwiches or even peanut butter and apple slice sandwiches. Both are a yummy alternative to the original.
Granola bars and yogurt is a great combination, to eat on the go. Just remember that the yogurt must be kept in a cooler, until ready to eat.
Trail mix is another snack that almost no child will refuse. Its easy to make your own, prior to the trip… your kids will love you for it.keep looking »